Read More +
Greece is one of the most popular summer destinations in the entire world. Why Greece? “The land of the sun”, as it is also called, offers great hospitality...
Read More +
The climate in Greece is predominantly Mediterranean with plenty of sunshine reaching actually 250 sunny days per year. Its mild temperatures...
Read More +
Greeks typically have 3 meals a day. A full breakfast is not popular in Greece, while lunch is eaten late in the afternoon and is traditionally...
First visit to Greece
- - Obtain simple tourist visa form Greek consular authorities.
- - Property inspection with local agent
- - Select property
- - Sign contract of sale with developer or owner of property, after due diligence by the lawyer
- - Open local bank account with the help of lawyer or representative .Alternatively you can send purchase money to lawyers client account .
- - Sign relevant Power of Attorney to lawyer or representative for signing contract of sale and filing application.
- - Sign relevant authorization letter to the lawyer, accountant, representative for obtaining Tax registration number (AFM) from the competent tax authority.
- Note: Our firm can provide such a service through our internal team of accountants.as well advise the client on tax issues .
Obtaining visa for purposes of residence permit following property acquisition;
- - Visas are granted by the competent Greek consulate office and require the filing of a series of documents by the applicant’s lawyer.
- - For the needs of applying the provisions of article 36A of L. 3386/2005, we recommend that the clients receives form the Greek consular authorities type C or D visas.
- - Such visas will be valid for a maximum of 3 months (Visa C) to one (1) year, (visa D) during which the application for the residence permit must be filed with the appropriate authority.
Obtaining the actual residence permit.
- - The procedure for obtaining a residence permit is determined by Ministerial Decision 933/2009.
- - Residence permits are granted by the competent Directorate of the Decentralized Administration (Aliens and Migration) and in some cases the competent municipal office. It requires the filling of a series of documents, following which a respective certificate of fling (or submission protocol) is granted. This certificate allows the third country national to stay in Greece for as long as it is valid and until the residence permit is issued.
- - Note: The filling of all respective documentation may be executed by an authorized representative of the interested party. The applicant' presence is no longer required in Greece during the date of submission.
The economic crisis apart from hardships, offers advantages. Non EU – citizens have the chance to invest in Greece today that the real estate prices are at their lowest.
According to the Bank of Greece Monetary Policy report for the first quarter of 2013, from the beginning of the crisis in 2008, house prices have dropped by 29,4%. Combined with the recent tax reduction from 10% to 3% for property transfers, Greece is a unique opportunity for investors.